Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Singapore, day 2 (May 17th)

Luki and me took Nadira to the school bus. The school bus stops in front of Luki's building every school day. It was around 6.30 am in the morning. Hei....! it wasn't like in Pattaya, here to my surprise it was still dark and cold, but I liked the fresh air. Hhmm.... Bye Nadira...see you in the afternoon. I promised her to go swimming together after school. This morning nyonya rumah made martabak manis with -chocolate flakes and cheese grated filling- for breakfast. (Jangan lupa resepnya tolong diupdate di blog yah bu). It looked soo..yummy!, and very tempting. Hi..hi..(I promised myself to eat them later) but too bad I didn't try it. I can't have breakfast too early. We (Luki, Adam and me) left Luki's house at 9.30 (it's not my breakfast time). About 10.00 am we were here in IKEA. The shop was just opened. Yuhu... I was very happy. I like to find nick nacks for my kitchen and for my house. Soon Dolek and his son joined us. Jason (Dolek's son) used to play together with Farah. He and Farah only 2 years different. Obviously Jason's grown up very quickly. He's so tall and his face is not babyish anymore although I hadn't seen Dolek family only for 1 year since they moved to Singapore last July. We did browsing in IKEA very quick!. Ooh.. I adore the bed sheets and the comforters in the children departement. Very affordable prices!!, but still I couldn't buy them, baggage !!, too bulky and heavy, passed. I was still browsing around...... . Wow..!! the stainless steell pots, they're so shiny and good quality, passed again, cause so heavy. Dangerous !! they are soo many things with affordable prices but still I needed to pass them. Huh!!, heavy..heavy..heavy. Ok finally I bought a few things not too much but still heavy, hi..hi...hi.. I know for sure since I bought some metal things and the ceramic small dishes for Farah's picnic toys. They're so cute. Now Dolek's car trunk is so full. Seemed everybody did the shopping. Ha...ha...ha.... Everybody was hungry, but we still needed to go to some other places at Orchard rd. So we had no time for even had coffees in IKEA. We went to a very nice shop (selling cooking needs and tools, etc). Didn't buy any. No needed anything here. Moved. We went to another shop (selling baking needs and tools, etc). Ok I bought something here. Ooh come on quick guys.... !! Finally we were here, at Orchard rd now. Let's eat!!. Hu...hu....hu.. everybody wanted to have Indonesian food but me. Hei..! excuse me.. I wanna have laksa please or maybe other singaporean food. But nobody listened to me. Anyway here we were. We had lunch at an Indonesian Restaurant. The food was not bad at all, in fact I bought some rendang for my husband and Arif to take away (take away to Pattaya!!). Luki needed to leave soon. Her daughter was at home already, had came from school. Dolek, Jason and me still moving around. Borders, bought a lot of books. Tangs, bought a thing. I can use it for entartaining, party at home. And I bought a lot of chocolates. At Luki's house, we're getting ready and .... come on Nadira, let's jump to the pool. And....splash !! she's a good swimmer. Awesome. Nadira, Jason, Adam and me. We were so awesome, hi..hi..hi.. swim..swim...and swim. Yes the other 2 mothers (Luki and Dolek), they can only watching us. (sambil ngobrol2 and makan2 martabak!, nggak sopan, sisain lho). After took a shower. It was time for me to leave. Tonight I stayed at Dolek's house. Bye Nadira.. please come visit us in Thailand. Thank you (Luki and fam) for your hospitality and having me (hah !! forgot !! the martabak!!, I didn't eat it). Dolek's place is big. 2 storey. I met Adella (Dolek's daughter). Again, I was surpised. She is a young lady now. How old is she again ??, 12??, 13 ??, .... are you sure..?, maybe I need to check her driving licence hi..hi... not driving yet... . OK. Or.... her ID ?... or maybe her birth certificate. How come she's grown up so fast in only 1 year. She is so tall now. A very nice and sweet young lady. Dolek and me talked a lot in the kitchen hi...hi..hi.. I made pisang goreng at that night. So yummy.., of course. Finally we went sleep at 12.30 am !! (btw, Luki, you surprised me when you still remember that I used to make goreng pisang in US, in fact, until now, they are often ready on my table. Pisang goreng for afternoon tea at my house). to be continued